PERSONAL BRAND SESSION
FEE: Starting at $2000
The Personal Brand session is perfect for artists, musicians, bloggers, "one-man" shops, and anyone who makes a living by capitalizing on a talent or skill that they have. You blog, you twitter, you're working hard to communicate with your "tribe" and you need images of yourself that further solidify your brand and your expertise. You wear many hats in your business and you have lots of ideas, ALL THE. TIME! You want images that are all representative of you, but give you a greater variety than a headshot.
The Personal Brand session is all about flexibility, creativity and showcasing your unique personality.
We shoot on location & in my studio to make sure you have great images of you for every marketing/PR need you have!
The location can be anything from an open field, to a derelict warehouse, a downtown rooftop, a trendy bar, a private airport to The Canal or a suburban subdivision. The sky's the limit!
The images you get from a Personal Brand session can be used in a myriad of ways: Press Kits, website, mailers, business cards, book/CD covers, blogs, social media avatars and anything in-between.
The package includes 6 high resolution digital image files licensed for unlimited personal use. Basic retouching is included in the licensing fee. (basic = removing blemishes, smoothing skin, fixing stray hair, whitening teeth) Advanced retouching is available for an additional charge.
Still not sure if the Personal Brand session is for you? Check out these Personal Brand shoots to see some examples:
- Jonathan Partiridge - Interior Designer specializing in Luxurious, High-end interiors.
- Liz Janes - Independent Musician
- Aaron Renn, The Urbanophile - Blogger, Urban Development Expert
HAIR & MAKE-UP
Make up & hair: Professional makeup and hair are a requirements of doing a branding shoot. I have an outstanding team of professionals who will make you look your best.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are very particular about your makeup, please let the makeup artist know your preferences before we get started. If you're used to minimal makeup, keep in mind that bright studio lights require a heavier application of makeup than normal to "read" on camera. That said, in the rare event that your makeup is complete, you look in the mirror and really don't like what you see, please speak up! Our goal is to have you feeling like you look your best and we'll do everything we can to accommodate you.
While make-up and hair styling are not required, I still strongly suggest having a personal grooming professional on set, especially if you have prpoblem skin on a longer hairstyle.
- Bring 6-10, head-to-toe, outfits that you LOVE to wear and feel great in. Make sure there is good variety - everything from super casual to dressy. There are no wrong or right colors, it's more about the fit and the combination of the clothing pieces. Your personal style says a lot about you so please spend some time thinking about each outfit. Boring, ho-hum, uninventive clothing can break the shoot.
- Logo Tees are okay, although I suggest you stay away from prmoting other brands ie. Coke or Abercrombie & Fitch, etc
- Textures and layers are always great
- Bring a ton of accessories - rings, bracelets, necklaces, scarves, watches, hats, suspenders - anything that helps highlight your personal style and adds an interest to your outfit
Stylist: If you don't have a strong personal style or are not sure how to best present yourself, a stylist is available to help you. The stylist can do everything from going through your closet with you to taking you shopping, to help select clothing that accentuates your best features and coloring. If you're too busy, just tell us your sizes and any speciifications and the stylist will have all your outfits ready to go on the day - you just have to show up! Depending on whether you need a stylist and what you would like to have them do for you, the fee can range from $200-800. If you decide that you want to use a stylist, I will put someone in touch with you so you can coordinate with them directly.
BEFORE THE SHOOT:
- If you're planning a new hair style or color, please do this at least 4-5 days before the shoot, in case the results are unsatisfactory and you have to go back for a fixup.
- Facials or any special skin treatments should be done at least a week out from the shoot in case your skin reacts negatively.
- Please get a goodnight's sleep and don't stay up drinking till all hours. Nothing worse than blood shot eyeballs and dark circles under the eyes. Drink plenty of water!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- Get your nails done. Short and neutral is usually best. At the very least make sure that you remove any old, chipped nail polish and take care of ragged cuticles.
- If you're planning on getting your hair styled at the shoot, please wash it the night before and not the morning of the shoot. Day old hair is easier to style.
- Ladies: Personal grooming is important. Please tend to appropriate hair removal. :-)
- Guys: If you like the way you look with some facial scruff, that's totally fine. Please bring a razor to shave with so we can have photos of you scruffy and clean-shaven for more variety
The Personal Brand session is usually 6-8 hours long including the hair and make-up and clothing changes and travel between location and studio. Please don't schedule anything too close to the estimated finish time, in case we run a bit over - I'm very punctual, but I will also keep shooting until I'm sure I have everything we need. When you arrive, we'll take a look at your clothing, then get you into makeup. After you're made up and dressed, we'll get shooting. I don't set a limit on how many outfits we'll shoot, but we should get through at least 4-5. I'm very laid back and will chat with you as I shoot, possibly making you laugh or squirm, either way, I'll try and make it as easy as possible for you. :-)
AFTER THE SHOOT:
36-48 hours after the shoot, I will post your proofs in an online gallery for you to review. There will be anywhere from 100-150 images to choose from. I will email you the link and you'll be able to share it with anyone whose opinion you value. If you are having a hard time narrowing down your selection, I would be happy to remove any images that you definitely DON'T want so you have less to look at. Just email me their numbers.
Once you make your selection, the images will be retouched and you will receive low res proofs for your approval. (Your package includes basic retouching, which should be all you would need for a headshot as the goal is for the final image to look very much like you. That said, additional retouching is available for an additional charge. Cost will vary with the amount and difficulty of retouching you request.)
Once you approve the retouched images and following full payment, your hi-res files will be uploaded to a shared, online folder where you will be able to download them to your own computer. Images can also be put on a DVD and mailed to you for an additional charge.
BOOKING A SESSION
Personal Brand Sessions require a fair bit of coordination and a large chunk of time in my schedule, so please plan on booking yours at least 3 weeks out. 4-6 weeks is ideal. Please contact me for availability.
I require a non-refundable 50% deposit when you book your session.